Laughter may be the only contagious infection everyone wants!
So what is laughter yoga and what are its benefits?
Laughter Yoga is one of the newest routine exercises that improve the health of the body, mind, heart, and soul together, and it is based on the science of laughing for no reason. The best thing about this exercise is that it usually transforms into a contagious laughter session, and it includes various techniques such as stretching, clapping, and childish exercises.
Over the past years, the effectiveness and health benefits of this type of yoga have been proven through a series of empirical research. Next, we share the positive results of it, which will motivate you to make it a mandatory healthy exercise:
1- Laughing strengthens the body and the immune system
- It is a great exercise for the heart muscle, as 20 minutes spent laughing is the same as spending an hour in the gym.
- It increases the oxygen level in the bloodstream, as it leads to a longer expiration and deeper breathing which cleans the lungs from the remaining air, thereby increasing the oxygen content
- It has the ability to promote blood circulation and help body parts get rid of toxins so that we are ready to do whatever we want to the best of our abilities.
- It helps in speeding up metabolism, as one minute of laughter is equivalent to 10 minutes of cardio exercises, while an hour of laughter works to burn 500 calories.
- It strengthens the body’s immunity, contributes to fighting and preventing infections, and reduces the risk of cancer.
- It relieves pain, as it acts as a natural pain killer, and works to increase its tolerance by the body.
- It aids digestion and improves liver functioning.
2- Helps you develop a positive state of mind
- Laughing for 15 minutes or more can bring more happiness and joy to our lives.
- Laughter Yoga helps overcome depression, by stimulating the mind to create a positive state and increase optimism.
- Laughter works to combat stress by reducing its hormones, such as cortisol and epinephrine.
- Laughter Yoga boosts self-confidence by enhancing mental skills and abilities.
- Laughter Yoga may be the perfect routine exercise to improve communication skills. It enables us to communicate with others and express ourselves freely.
3- The first supporter of the psychological aspect
- Laughter yoga is the best technique for controlling anger, as it helps to generate positive emotions and increase positive hormones, while also working to eliminate anger.
- Laughter maintains an emotional balance by acting as a safety valve, releasing feelings in ways that are free from violence, and eliminating painful feelings such as fear, anger, resentment, etc., which prevents disputes from arising.
- Laughter Yoga helps us to overcome grief, from losing a job, being away from home and family, to financial hardship, to suffering from health problems, and others.
4- Spiritual Benefits of Laughter Yoga
- Laughter has a clear effect on enhancing our sense of satisfaction with life, and it contributes to our acceptance of ourselves, the world, and the circumstances surrounding us just as they are.
- Laughter helps with ego issues, the more you laugh, the fewer ego problems you have. Thus, you will be able to communicate with different people on their differences without judging them
- Laughter reduces our serious view of life, so it becomes interesting rather than a burden.
We wish you a life full of laughter and health