I don’t like brownies, said no one ever! Having walnuts in this recipe increases its value and deliciousness. Try Prospan’s® extraordinary Chocolate Walnut Brownie Recipe to add more savoury to your dessert time.
Chocolate Walnut Brownie Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped quality semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (measure this accurately)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate on medium heat. Remove from the heat, pour into a large mixing bowl, and allow to slightly cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the granulated and brown sugars into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add the eggs and vanilla. Gently fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Lastly, fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-36 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. A toothpick inserted in the centre should come out with only a few moist crumbs when the brownies are done